Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

jonah

hello dear bloggies! have you missed me??! i just haven't had much to blog about lately. it seems to come in waves - i have something to write everyday, then i have nothing for a week! if you have a blog, you know what i mean.

anyway, i have yet to introduce you to this cutie little design...



don't you just love a whale?

i've wanted to do a whale design for awhile. i'm drawn to them for some reason. big, friendly, fishy, mammal. i don't know what it is. ruth had really cute whale-themed bedding for caleb's nursery. i think that's where i got the original inspiration.

anyway, when i found this fabric, i thought it's colors where a bit nautical, so the whale was born...



on a slightly random note, whales also make me think of "jonah & the whale", of course & the name "jonah" often makes me think of my sister. her name is johnna, as in "john" + "uh", but growing up she constantly got called "jonah" & also "joanna", & once even "johonanonon". seriously. the story always cracks me up! i, of course, know nothing of this as i have such a plain name. i always wanted a fun, individual name that could possibly be mispronounced! she ended up switching to "lea" (her middle name is leann) in college. lea = short, simple & not easily confused.

anyway, whales seem to be such happy creatures & darling for little boys. possibly big boys, too - i'm currently experimenting with some different colored tshirts for older boys. more on that hopefully next week...

happy week to you!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Me? I'm a big fat loser for not getting this giveawya up for you. I still want to do it, but I have a couple of things coming down the pipe that I want to get up and swinging because it has the potential to get a few more glances headed toward your etsy site. So give me one more week to see how things are going to pan out and I'll let you know. And, I want to order a few things for myself - namely an adorable little dinosaur shirt that I fell in love with not long ago :)

Christy said...

i have missed you in the blogging world! i got your call on sat and actually got the cutest little monkey in the mail myself that day! thank you for that! i will try to call tomorrow. btw - i LOVE the whale. i might have to get one of those - i would love to see it in a different colored shirt for little j too. i hope you are well and hopefully we can catch up tomorrow - i will call you when j takes a nap.

Eric and Ruth said...

I'm liking your blog background...very springy:).

Powered by Blogger.