Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

life

"i think i already understand about life: pretty good, some problems."
-sam lammott, age 7 (son of anne)

so i wasn't sure this was a blog-appropriate subject, but you know, it is about life. and although on that "some problems" side, i know lots of people go through this, too, so i thought i'd share. we might have had a miscarriage.

i say "might" because there's a smallish chance that i'm only 4/5 wks along instead of the 8/9 that we thought. numbers wise, it doesn't totally add up, but we are trying to keep hope just in case.

we're doing okay - it's a strange feeling, especially to have to wait, but we're hanging in there. i've had 2 very good friends go through this just this summer, so i feel very much in their debt for showing me how to walk through something so difficult with grace.

so we go back on wednesday for another sono to know for sure. we'll let you know.

13 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry, Kelly. We'll be praying for you this week, especially on Wednesday. We almost lost Landon and I remember those days when we thought for sure the prenancy was finished. It was heartbreaking. While I know that we were granted a miracle in being able to carry Landon to term, I also know that many do not experience that. I will pray for peace in these uncertain days. Melissa C. had a miscarriage a few years ago as well and would be another resource to talk to if needed. We'll pray for a miracle, but also for peace if that's not what God has planned. Sending you cyber love!

Jen Haney said...

I love you Kel. Thanks for sharing. As always, your honesty blesses me in so many ways. I love that you are real.

Meggan and Trent said...

I am so sorry Kelly. I will be praying for you guys this week.

darrah said...

thinking of you this morn, my friend....

The Dansbys said...

praying for you!!!

Christy said...

love you Kelly! we are thinking and praying for you guys. let us know if you need anything at all

walkers said...

thank you for sharing. praying right now. we had two before keller and really it feels like a loss no matter how far along. love to your family.

Weatherly said...

Your are in my prayers sweet friend!

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

Thanks for sharing, Kelly...I'll be praying for you guys and hoping for the best!

Amanda Brooks said...

Praying with you all. Love you guys, Kel! Keep us posted.

Jaime said...

Kelly, I'm sorry I just saw this today, but I'm happy I decided to come visit your blog today to see this b/c as we all knows God is so faithful through our prayers. I will definitely be praying for you guys.

I've been there before a couple years ago, and am thankful that you have friends to talk to about this. It's a personal feeling that doesn't make sense to a lot of people who haven't experienced it, but a very legitimate feeling. God works through everything for the greater good, making us all stronger when we've gone through that storm. Much love!

robin said...

i'm thinking of you. thanks for sharing.

Sally Grantham said...

Kelly - You are in my prayers. Keep us updated... - Sally

Powered by Blogger.