Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

summer food

we're back!

fresh from I10 & we have massive laundry piles to prove it.


between loads, i hope to post pics & stories from the trip for memory's sake, but until then, i wanted to share my fav recipe this summer (also a good one for when you ate too much wedding food over the weekend!!)


also, if you have any yummy light summer recipes, let me know - i need more ideas.



apple mango salsa





1 1/2 green apples (give the other half to your 3 yr old), chopped in .5 in cubes

2 mangos, chopped in .5 cubes

1/3 - 1/2 c red onion, chopped into bitty pieces (about .25 cubes or so)

can of black beans (drained & rinsed well)

1/3 - 1/2 c cilantro, chopped

pinch or so of salt (to your taste)

2 juicy limes

blue corn chips



mix altogether & eat, eat, eat!!



**i think this would be good with a little chopped jalapeno, too, but i haven't cooked much with jalapeno & they kind of scare me (will they be too hot & burn my mouth alive???). but you should try it & tell me how it goes :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

welcome back! where were you? hope you had fun on whatever adventure you were on!

Anonymous said...

I make the pioneer woman's salsa with jalepenos. If you take out the seeds that is where all the heat is and you still get the flavor. Or I leave the seeds in one half and not the other.

kelly said...

interesting about the jalapenos! thanks for the tip (is that you, melissa??)
c - we were in good ol Georgia visiting c's family!

Powered by Blogger.